Saturday, December 23, 2017

Own positions compared to those of famous money managers

In continuation to my previous post I wanted to see how our positions in stocks listed in U.S. compare to those of 64 money managers followed by Dataroma.com.

Ownership count among the 'superinvestors':

Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK-B): 16
General Electric Company (GE): 11
Intel Corporation (INTC): 3
Micron Technology, Inc. (MU): 3
Nokia Corporation (NOK): 2
Western Digital Corporation (WDC): 3

It's somewhat surprising how small the ownsership count is in the tech stocks I have selected. Especially in U.S. based companies like Intel, which are leading companies in their industries and trading at very reasonable valuations.

I also wanted to see which money managers have selected same plays.
Robert Torray is holding currently 3 out our 6 stocks: BRK.B, GE, INTC.

There are quite many which have 2 out of 6 common (five money managers). From those I raise the names that have selected min. 2 out of our 4 tech stocks, because those are the most interesting to me.

Robert Olstein of Olstein Capital Management has position in both INTC and WDC.
Meridian Contrarian Fund is long in NOK and MU.
David Tepper of Appaloosa Management holds both MU and WDC.

I think I just found more money managers to follow besides the two I mentioned in my previous post ..


No comments:

Post a Comment